What is Rainwater Harvesting?
Rainwater harvesting is simply a method of collecting rain water from a building’s roof (via the normal drainage system) and storing it for reuse, to partially replace the water used from the mains supply. The water can be treated to various levels to suit the end users requirements in terms of quality.
Why choose RHI’s HYDRAPRO® system?
From a financial perspective companies are looking to our systems as a means to saving money. The reduction in mains water usage can be significant across many sectors from, industrial to commercial, Agricultural to educational.
- Cost efficient – cost savings can be made on mains water consumption uses such as toilet flushing, irrigation, vehicle wash down, and commercial laundry. Tax efficient – the HYDRAPRO® rainwater harvesting system has been accredited by the Enhanced Capital Allowance Scheme (ECA) through The Carbon Trust, on behalf of the Government. This means that businesses investing in a RHI HYDRAPRO® system can claim 100% first year tax relief on their qualifying capital expenditure.
- Design Expertise – In house design engineers that can produce bespoke designs incorporating the latest BREEAM and BS8515 standards.
- Technical Support – The HYDRAPRO® systems have been developed with both the installers and end user in mind. As such as well as providing excellent technical support during the installation the electrical and mechanical part are design to be user friendly and low maintenance.
- CE Marked – the RHI rainwater harvesting system is CE Marked and as such complies with the essential requirements of the relevant European health, safety, environmental protection legislation and Product Directives. Most other systems do not have this mark of quality.
- Comprehensive Service – RHI’s comprehensive, end-to-end service includes customer care and technical support throughout, ensuring a smooth and problem-free specification, delivery, installation, commissioning and client demonstration.
Our service includes:
- Full system design including production of electrical and mechanical drawings
- We understand that one system does not fit all in terms of client needs. As a result we have an in house PLC programmer who can design the system controls to meet your exact requirements.
- Onsite pre-installation meeting with the M&E contractor to ensure proper installation of the HYDRAPRO® systems
- Technical support during and after installation
- Extensive commissioning check with report carried out and handed over with each project
- We do not just hand over a system and walk away. Within our package we give a end user an operational demonstration as standard
What is rainwater harvesting?
It is simply a method of collecting rain water from a building’s roof (via the normal drainage system) and storing it for reuse, to partially replace the water used from the mains supply. The water can be treated to various levels to suit the end users requirements in terms of quality.
Why should we bother to save water?
To reduce the amount of water you need to buy from your utility company and to make a difference environmentally by saving this precious resource.
Image the difference it would make to our water reservoirs if all new homes could effectively reduce their water consumption by up to 50% and industry could reduce its consumption by similar levels.
In some areas where flooding is a problem, rainwater storage acts as a sustainable urban drainage system thus alleviating storm runoff.
Do I need planning permission to install a system?
In the UK the answer is NO. There are no regulations specific to rainwater harvesting, but general building regulations need to be observed.
In the Republic of Ireland the answer is YES. At present planning permission should be sought when installing a rainwater harvesting system.
How much maintenance is required?
In short very little. Our systems are design to be low maintenance. With regards to domestic systems the only routine maintenance necessary is the cleaning of the rainwater filter. This is a simple 5 minute task that should be carried out approximately every 3 months.
The other components of our system are effectively maintenance free. Although we do recommend an annual visual inspection of the other components.
RHI’s commercial systems are designed to be low maintenance but, due to the enhance HYDRAPRO® CPU controls offer the user increased performance information and notification of maintenance requirements. For further details read about our commercial products on the products page.